- Harry A. Sprague Library– the Montclair State University library. Includes books, recordings, databases, etc.
Sheet Music Retailers/Suppliers:
- The Juilliard Store– a great source for finding standard classical repertoire, modern and obscure works.
- Sheetmusicplus– a reliable source including many distributors including Theodore Presser Company and Carl Fischer Music.
Digital Sheet Music:
- IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library– great source for public domain works. Do make sure to check the publications. Some of the publications provided are not accurate.
PUBLIC DOMAIN MATERIALS AND COPYRIGHT LAWS
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO KNOW?
- Watch this video to learn about the basics of copyright and fair use- COPYRIGHT BASICS (for more details on copyright and fair use check out the official copyright website, www.copyright.gov)
- To learn about public domain watch this fun video- PUBLIC DOMAIN 101 (for more detailed information about public domain check out this website, www.pdinfo.com/list.php)